Mighty Kids offers a stimulating space for children to freely learn from and explore their environment while developing a sense of self and a feeling of belonging. Mighty Kids encourages children to be social, curious, expressive, and physically active.
Our Philosophy and Goals
- Children’s early learning experiences are the foundation for lifelong learning, behaviour, and health.
- We acknowledge and respond to the uniqueness of each child and his/her family.
- Partnerships with families and communities strengthen the ability of early childhood settings to meet the needs of young children.
- An atmosphere of adult harmony is essential, as are supportive adult-child relationship.
- Children are capable and enthusiastic learners who have an innate need to make sense of their world.
- We respect children’s own timing and rhythm and understand the need of adult support to reduce the pressures and haste to make them grow up.
- Play is an important avenue for early learning that capitalizes on children’s natural curiosity and exuberance.
Mighty Kids’ program leaders are qualified early childhood educators, with either an undergraduate degree and two-year diploma or a four-year degree in early childhood. They are Registered Early Childhood Educators, members of the College of Early Childhood Educators, and have current first aid and CPR (including infant) certification. One member of staff has, in addition, a post-graduate diploma in special needs in the early years.
All assistants have an undergraduate degree or relevant college qualifications. Because we encourage staff to become better qualified, several are pursuing further education.
Our goal is to provide a high quality programs for young children in a safe and responsive environment where children are actively involved in a variety of experiences designed to promote their physical, social, emotional, and cognitive development.
Please check back in January for upcoming summer camps.
14 Verral Ave.,
Toronto, ON, M4M 2R2 Canada
842 Gerrard St. East,
Toronto, ON, M4M 1Y7 Canada